Good dental hygiene is the cornerstone of oral health and at our group of practices, our dentists make regular dental care convenient for the whole family. Our dentists and staff enjoy working with children and will get them started on a path of good oral health at a young age. We recommend that children begin their regular dental visits at age 2 and continue at least twice a year thereafter. With regular cleaning, we can help you avoid the build-up of plaque and tartar that result in more serious problems, such as gum disease and tooth loss. We will also offer you thorough oral exams and digital X-rays to help detect dental problems early, while they’re still relatively small and more easily treatable.
Services at our group of practices include:
- Adult & Pediatric Care: Regular visits to the dentist should begin at age two. You should visit your dentist in Oshawa at least twice a year for teeth cleaning and thorough exams to detect problems early and prevent them, if possible.
- Sealants: If you or your child is especially prone to cavities in the back teeth, we can cover the surface of these teeth with non-toxic sealants made of composite plastic which will protect them from plaque and decay. Sealants are securely bonded to your teeth so you can bite and chew normally and can be easily replaced or repaired when they get worn down.
- Root Canal Therapy: Root canal therapy can help preserve the structure of a tooth that is severely damaged. Modern procedures and sedation make root canal therapy far more comfortable than you may imagine.
- Extraction: If a tooth can’t be saved or you need a wisdom tooth removed, extractions are quick and can be performed with little discomfort.
- TMJ Treatment: You don’t have to live with pain in your jaw. We offer you proven treatment options, including mouth guards, reconstructive surgery, orthodontics and jaw joint replacement for TMJ and other problems with the jaw joints.
Emergency Same-Day Appointments
Should you experience a dental emergency, our group of practices offers emergency care at our friendly locations. You are never far from the care you need! Call any of our offices, tell us it’s an emergency and we will make every effort to give you an appointment as soon as possible on the same day. Please keep in mind that if you have experienced a medical, non-dental emergency, you should seek assistance at the nearest emergency room.
What to Do if You Have a Broken Tooth
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Apply gentle pressure to the gums – not the teeth – to stop bleeding.
- If you can, save any pieces of the tooth that have broken off.
- Call one of our offices nearest you: the sooner you can get to our office, the better chance we have to preserve the rest of the original tooth. Identify your situation as an emergency and we will ensure that you are seen that day.
Long Time Since You’ve Seen the Dentist?
Whether it’s your busy schedule or your fear of dental visits that’s kept you from getting regular dental care, our group of practices is happy to help you achieve better oral health and a beautiful smile. Take the first step and schedule your visit. Don’t worry – there will be no lectures and we will make every effort to ease your anxiety. If you would like, we can discuss a variety of sedation options to help you feel more at ease. Our goal is to help make your dental care comfortable and convenient – and to empower you to make your dental health a priority.
Contact a Caring, Experienced Dentist
At our group of practices, we aim to make your dental care convenient and comfortable while empowering you to prioritize your family’s oral health. Contact us today so our caring, experienced dentists can start your family’s road to lifelong dental health.